size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
05-13-2024, 11:45 PM

Sitting here with the Raid Queen, it was amusing for Artorias to reflect back on their packs’ histories and how they had come to this point together. A much younger Artorias would have been aghast to see him here and now cavorting with the Raiders, but he hadn’t been that wolf he once was in a long time. The pirates had been the embodiment of chaos and he had lived and breathed by a code of vengeance. Time and age had tempered him a lot and had enlightened him in what was truly important in life. He was no longer that angry, self-righteous young brute that had felt he had to lead the Hallows like he had something to prove. He found he quite liked the Raiders' leading family the more he got to know Modesty, Gilgamesh, and their children. Perhaps there was something to be said about getting to know your neighbors instead of building fences right off the bat...

The relief that washed over Modesty was palpable, and already Artorias had planned on insisting if she had attempted to refuse, but thankfully that would not be necessary. Mod accepted his offer for help graciously, earning her an amused chuckle from the dire brute at the mention of her healer skinning her alive if she didn't take his offer. "Then I'll have Syanna make her way over once I get back. She can stay as long as you need her. I'm sure she'll be happy to take a look at Tarnish—and Sid again too, so long as the little firecracker will let her." Another chuckle as the brute took up the galactic fae on her rum, taking a deep swig of the spiced liquor. It burned in a delightful way going down; Art had always been a fan of the pirates' rum way back when.

His question about how she was doing was met with a harsh sardonic laugh, half expected given her circumstances. Her response was almost automatic and avoidant; it was what one would expect to hear. Deep down, Artorias wondered just how much she was hiding behind her mask of strength for the sake of everyone else. He knew all too well what a burden it was to wear a brave face when inside your world was burning around you. As Modesty revealed the depths of Gilgamesh's damage and what it had done to their marriage, Art frowned empathetically and turned his amber eyes out over the inky black waves of the rolling sea, the crests of each one illuminated by the dancing lights in the heavens. "I don't believe he doesn't care about you anymore, Modesty. Head injuries... they're a nasty business. I got a pretty severe conk to the head when I was young that screwed me up for a bit." Artorias mimed a blow to his head with a large paw, hoping to alleviate some of the dour mood with humor. He offered Mod a reassuring smile. "It's hard to see the silver lining of a cloud when you're in a thunderstorm. But that doesn't mean it isn't there. And the Gil I met... well, he's a fiercely passionate wolf. A man like that doesn't stop caring so easily."

Artorias hoped his words could offer some comfort to Modesty. He wholeheartedly believed in them too. Love was a powerful and mysterious force in the world. The love he and Briar shared had transcended every obstacle they came across, and it was what gave him faith that Gilgamesh would not abandon his love for Modesty so readily. "I meant what I said at the meeting, you know." It was a shift in topics, but he felt they needed something less grim to discuss, and the futures of their families and packs felt more hopeful and apropos. His amber gaze turned to Modest once more. "I don't want to risk anyone's lives and I don't want to start a war. I want to find a way for us to keep our families and loved ones safe—together. I would love to see the Hallows and Raiders in cooperation with each other. There's a threat in our homes that's already shown a willingness to use our loved ones as weapons against us. Nobody should have to face that kind of danger alone." Art gave Mod a moment to let his words sink in, hoping his earnestness was coming across. "You are Raiders, and raiding is a part of who you are. I would never ask you to abandon your culture or your way of life. But if someone came and threatened you with harm to your children, I'd rather see you with the might of Ardent at your back than have to stand alone. Would you at least consider taking part in a coalition for our mutually assured safety?"

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Eira" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. r/AmItheAsshole Cryer's Ravine 05:27 AM, 04-25-2024 04:51 PM, 07-18-2024