gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
Helix0565
05-15-2024, 07:08 PM
One minute he was standing on the shoreline of Seether Carnage, feet dipped into the ocean. The sky black above him, but he paid it no mind. The next, he was underwater. Thrashing, struggling for air and stability. Somnium, his vulture in Seether Carnage, desperately tried to claw and pull him up to no avail. He had been in this type of situation before, his sister Araoi had saved him from drowning when he was a boy. Only she wasn't here this time to be his savior and the waves soon claimed him.

Everything faded to black.

Now he laid unconscious on the beaches of an unfamiliar continent. A large raven landed before him, squeaking curiously at the motionless body. The raven stepped forwards and poked with its beak at the white muzzle of the male wolf. Moments passed before a sudden surge of energy made Reaper sit up, vomit up water uncontrollably, and look around warily. Where was he?? This wasn't Seether's land. He looked over at the raven, who stared at him curiously. He cleared his sore throat and stood up, shaking the water from his pelt. Suddenly, the bird hopped away and returned flying with a familiar sight clutched within its claws. A crown of black thorns, washed up just a bit down the shore. Reaper recognized it immediately. It was the same corner of thorns that the High Priestess Siberia had gifted him, the same that she herself wore in her position.

His family. Oh, his family must be worried sick. His father Malice especially. His siblings had left Seether long ago and he thought he'd never part with the lands until now. Reaper took the crown and began scribbling in the sand. A shaky ‘Thank you.’ was written in the sand before it was washed away entirely. He placed the crown evenly upon his head. His body was sore all over, his muscles ached for rest. Hey, he was too adrenalized to rest. He didn't know where he was or if rest was even safe to take.

Before the shore was a forest of aspens. He dared to venture in. The raven seemed to follow him, Reaper found this odd. A companion so soon? Somnium would be jealous no doubt. The two were inseparable and yet by some stroke of fate, separated is what they became.

Venturing deeper into the forest, Reaper came across a dam. A small river flower from its build up. He drank at the freshwater greedily, feeling the effects of dehydration from his vomiting and sea water he ingested. The raven perched nearby, watching the wolf curiously. Reaper was so distracted he didn't know the new face in the area. That was until their scent entered his nostrils. He immediately perked up in alert, his seagreen eyes focused on their ashen pelt once he spotted it. He tilted his head curiously, raised his red front limb, and waved a greeting.

The raven let out an annoyed caw and flew from the branch straight into Reaper's hind with it's sharp claws. Reaper let out a gasped “Oww! You damned bird-” The sudden shock of hearing his own voice first the first time made his sentence cut off abruptly. His eye grew wide with wonder. Tears brimmed near their edges. He looked to the stranger, as if asking for confirmation that he did indeed just speak. “I can talk! I can talk!” He spoke with joy. For the first time in his life, Reaper Malice Bloodjaw spoke. His voice was soothing and elegant, just as he was, only hoarse from lack of use.

When he realized the scene he was causing, he cleared his throat and straightened his posture. “I'm sorry for my outburst.” He told the stranger. “I appear to be lost. This isn't my homeland. Do you know where I am?” He asked curiously, with politeness to his tone. He then shook his head, nagging at himself. “I'm sorry, I forget myself. My name is Reaper Malice Bloodjaw. Please call me Reaper for you. May I ask who you are?”

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. To a room with some lace and paper flowers Aspen Dam 06:31 PM, 05-15-2024 10:10 PM, 09-14-2024