size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Shelby

1KSamhain 2022Pride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
05-19-2024, 11:21 AM

There was little that warmed her heart more than watching her children find excitement or interest in something–especially when it was something like this. She knew that adding decorative elements to things wasn't a valuable life skill. It wouldn't protect him or feed him or any of those other things that she should probably be focusing his time on, but creativity and being able to make things like this for herself and others had always been her escape and at least to her was just as valuable as any other skill. She couldn't help but smile as he immediately took to the tools she was showing him, watching as he reached for one of the circles and a crescent shape of similar diameter, clearly already having a vision for what he wanted to do. She used the hammer for him for the first couple passes of this pattern he was creating before eventually handing it over to him so that he could try it out for himself. She knew it was a bit of an unusual motion to make so she wasn't surprised it took a couple of attempts to get the swing down and get the right amount of force to leave an imprint in the leather but not so hard that it would cut through.

Daemon seemed to be a natural though and picked up on what she was teaching him quickly and soon enough she was sitting back and watching as he created a consistent pattern of repeating circles and crescents. When he looked up at her with an infectious smile she gave him a bright smile of her own, lowering her head to nuzzle affectionately at his cheek. "That's beautiful, Daemon! I love the shapes you picked out, they go very well together." She let him practice for a little longer before an idea came to her and she leaned down again to kiss the top of his head. "Wait here, okay? I'll be right back, I just want to go grab something for us to work on." She turned and trotted out of the workshop then, walking across the open space of the cave to where her and Saracyn's bedroom was located. She picked up her scaled armor from where it was being stored along one wall and carried it back to the workshop with her.

She shifted the leather they had been practicing on off to the side so that she could lay out her cuirass across the work surface. Most of the panels of black dyed leather were covered in overlapping scales of dark steel with a slight oil-slick shine to them, but there were exposed straps that buckled together at her sides that were left bare. She turned the armor so that the closest strap was laying flat in front of him and she told him, "Would you do that pattern for me here? That way I can have something you made with me all the time." This armor had been one of her first pieces she had made that she was really proud of and it only felt fitting to have the finishing touches be done by her son as she coaxed him into following in her footsteps.

"Avacyn Medacium"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. A craftsman in the making Alias Island 02:44 PM, 04-17-2024 06:45 AM, 06-24-2024