size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
05-19-2024, 11:21 PM
Artorias found himself feeling more and more proud of his friend the longer Ezra spoke. Growing up, the two brutes had numerous obstacles and trials, and he was keenly aware of Ezra's tumultuous relationship with his father. But the wolf standing before him now was far away no longer that same angsty yearling. He was enlightened, well rounded, aware of who he was and what was important to him. He had learned the valuable lesson of forgiveness and acceptance, and he had been able to mend his relationship with Ulric before the end. Ezra seemed happier, lighter of spirit too than when he had left the Hallows a year ago. This trip had done wonders for him mentally, emotionally, and spiritually.

To Ezra's sympathies for the tragedies the Hallows had suffered as of late, Artorias simply nodded his head. One of the worst prices of leadership he had to pay was the loss of the wolves he loved. Not just family, but everyone under his banner mattered to him. Every loss was a grievous blow to his heart. Art offered his friend a wry grin when he congratulated him on his second bout of fatherhood. "Thank you, my friend," he replied, surreptitiously avoiding mentioning how Ezra had actually seen his second litter being made when Briar came and kicked him out of the council chambers so she could pounce on him. "Fatherhood has its own kinds of challenges, but its rewards are unsurpassable. My children are my world." Was he mentioning this as a little nudge to his best friend to consider the option for his future? Maaaaybe. The world needed more Adravendis in it if they all came out like Ezra and Ulric.

As if reading his mind, Ezra made mention of another piece of wonderful news—he and Syanna had gotten married! Artorias' eyes lit up with delight, his tail wagging happily against the grass where they sat as he grinned at his mottled friend. "Congratulations, Ez! Jeez, it was about time! How did Syanna ever let you get away without wifing her up for so long?" Art playfully teased Ezra, nudging his shoulder with a playful jab from his paw. "Well, now we have to have a party to celebrate you two! I'm thinking a huge feast, wine by the gallons, a live band, the whole nine yards!" A wide, joking grin was on Art's muzzle while he spoke, clearly having a laugh at Ezra's expense. He knew his friend hated huge gatherings or being fussed over, but when was he going to get the chance to do this again? After Ezra gave him a look, Art chuckled and waved the idea off with a paw. "How about I just send a few bottles of our best wines up for you both to enjoy while you... ah, enjoy your honeymoon phase?" That sounded more like Ezra's speed if he knew anything about the Adravendi brute.

"Artorias" | "Carpathian"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. It's been SEVEN YEARS! Amron's Castle 02:23 AM, 02-22-2024 04:54 PM, 07-18-2024