gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

05-20-2024, 12:29 PM

Mariah’s mind raced as she processed her sister’s words. The Syndicate, she thought, the name ringing painfully familiar in her ears. She remembered Caedes’ warning, that he was preparing for battle. The show of force necessary for his family to take over another pack. He had promised her that he would be careful. That he would be safe. Clearly they had been successful. But at what cost? Her heart ached for Avacyn, empathizing with her fears and worries for Elysium. Yet, she couldn’t shake off the dissonance that gnawed at her - the idea of Caedes’ family being declared enemies was something she couldn’t wrap her head around. What did that mean for them? The thought of losing him rattled her more than she thought possible.

As Avacyn spoke about the possibility of war with this new pack, Mariah could feel her fear deepening- verging on panic. War meant chaos and bloodshed- worse of all … it meant a divide. It meant separation. No no no. That couldn’t be allowed to happen. "Avacyn..." She started softly, her words trailing off into silence as she collected her thoughts. "The Syndicate..." She hesitated, swallowing hard as she forced herself to meet her sister's gaze. "I know of them." She finally admitted, her heart pounding in her chest. "While I was away," she paused, struggling to find the right words, "I met someone... from that pack- but of course when I met him, they were still a band." She tried to explain, her voice a mere whisper. The echo of uncertainty in her tone was unmistakable.

"His name is Caedes," she added quickly, not daring to meet her sister's gaze as she continued. "He told me about his family’s intentions to take over another pack, he only said they were preparing for a display of force, a battle if the pack declined their offer." She hesitated then, trying to sort out emotion and what she wanted to say in a way that she would be taken seriously. “But it didn’t matter to me, Ava. I didn’t care … I didn't care because I love him.” She confessed, trying to swallow the emotion that threatened to overwhelm her.

"Mariah Mendacium"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Guess Who Just Got Back Today The Rock Garden 07:39 AM, 04-12-2024 02:43 PM, 06-07-2024