Expert Fighter (160)

Advanced Healer (85)

gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
05-22-2024, 07:53 AM
Trixy didn't let him down. Before long his galaxy-marked friend had arrived with her big, comforting grin and that allowed Gavroche to relax some. There was even a small way of his tail. She knew him so well, able to tell he needed the distraction right away. Her family had been in Ethne when Baecette had passed… but had she known? Has he ever brought it up? He wasn't sure she had noticed him by the graves, either. Trixy had been wanting to defend Norad’s honor after all… she had been busy. Gav could hardly blame her for that. Family was important, and their pack had been too full to take Beauregard and Tanelan’s family in as true members. They were doing their best to support them all the same.

“I don't know.” Gavroche answered her question honestly. The small smile he managed faded, ears fell and his gaze shifted out to the water. For a few moments he said nothing, the weight of everything splayed out across his body like a blanket.. and Gav felt the threat of tears again. They were pricking his eyes and threatening to flow over.

“Summer makes me think of when I was little I guess, back when my siblings were all doing well and we were smaller… I guess I wish things were better right now… that I had more time before I lost my brother…” He looked over at Trixy. “Summer makes me think of when I came back from the Hallows and everything was normal… before Baecette got sick and no one could figure out what was wrong.” Not even herbs being used to treat his symptoms helped. And it was clear that this summer was different… Everything was different.

He looked back to Trixy. “So… I need you to think of the most possible fun thing you can think of…so fun I couldn't possibly be sad!” His eyes were full of hope. He knew she could do it.

-----

Words: 328
Total: 1,447

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Is it okay to feel sad? The Shimmering Shore 05:08 PM, 05-19-2024 11:58 PM, 07-11-2024