size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Samhain 2022Running on EmptyRapid Poster - SilverBest BudsSocialiteOverachiever
Auster ExplorerPride - BisexualFestival OrganizerDream WeaverLoserGlobetrotter
UnderachieverThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3HomebodyWealthyHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?!
Critical Dodge!Ooh La LaLegendaryExplorerWordyIce Bridge Explorer
WinnerVengeanceSnake EyesDouble MasterMammoth HunterCritical Hit!
05-26-2024, 07:09 PM

Just as Modesty had relaxed when he revealed that Ethne had not been invited into the Coalition, so too did Artorias when the Raid Queen responded to his question with quite humorous bluntness. "Believe me, your life is richer for having not," he quipped back with a tip of his head and a slow swig of the rum that was giving him a very pleasant buzz by now. Dang, the Raiders really knew how to make top shelf booze! The mention of having met one of the Syndicate's members did pique Artorias' interest. He briefly wondered if it was the same lavender lady that had so coldly bragged about kidnapping the child they leveraged in their usurpation. The way Modesty described her didn't sound the same, and truth be told Art did not know how large the Syndicate spanned by now. That was a concern in its own right. "Well, I'll hope that he found at least one of their wolves with decency and sense. I swear, sometimes it feels like our children are the ultimate tests of ourselves." Art chuckled, thinking of how his own daughter now wasn't on speaking terms with him because he hadn't cut down Sephiran the moment he saw the man.

Artorias listened respectfully while Modesty agreed to not drag the Hallows into any tests of virtues with Ethne, to which the Lord nodded his head gratefully. Tough choices had to be made in life, but they weren't exactly something he went rushing to find. At her gesture, Art glanced down to Modesty's plump sides, an instinctive fatherly smile slowly appearing on his muzzle. Artorias loved children and his heart was happy for Modesty. It did make him wonder if all the drinking they were doing was something she should be doing in her current condition... Mod did not outright refuse him, offering to table their discussion until after certain events had transpired, citing the lack of cooperative spirit with the Raiders. That was logical and fair. It would hardly look good for a pack to join a defensive pact only to have them immediately besiege another. Art could respect Modesty's wherewithal and foresight.

Her remark about the fairness of extending an invitation to her and not to Ethne was met with a hard laugh and an incredulous shake of his head from the dire brute. "Modesty, you and yours have shown more strength of character than all of Ethne has. They lost their right to an invitation when they committed wanton violence against your wolves multiple times." In short, fuck fairness. "But you make all good points. Once the dust has settled, I'd be delighted to revisit this topic with you. For now, know that all of Raiders Hollow is welcomed back at the Hallows for shelter and any of our services. And I wish you good fortune in the wars to come." This was about as close as Artorias could get to giving Modesty his pledge of support without outright allying with them against Ethne. He would give the Raiders access to his pack as they needed—which meant they'd have a safe place to get medical attention practically right next door to their enemies. He knew Modesty was a wise politician. Would she be an equally sharp tactician and see what he was offering her?

Artorias couldn't help the bashful smile when Modesty complimented him, respecting him, even naming him a friend. In his mind, he hadn't done anything special to deserve the praise. He'd shown her and her family a basic level of respect and decency, but apparently even that wasn't afforded to the Raiders by others. Her final remark earned her a hearty chuckle from the Lord of Cinder, humor shining in his fiery eyes. "Thank you, Modesty. Our packs have had a tumultuous past, but I'm glad we both grew and came to where we are now. I would also consider you a friend. Hell, who wouldn't want the queen of the most wily and fervent marauders amongst their friends?" Art flashed a wide, toothy grin to Mod. Was it a bit of flattery? Yes, but it was truth as well. The Raiders had proven they had the chops and the drive to thrive and remain standing when many other packs had fallen. "Congratulations, by the way! You must be so excited to meet the new little Raiders," he added on, gesturing with a glance down to Mod's round belly. "When are they due? I'd like to send some wool blankets for the pups." Winter was coming, and besides wine, the Hallows was known for its alpaca herd and wool goods.

"Artorias Carpathius" | "Carpathian" | "Corbin" | "Eira" | "Argent"

One big happy family

Artorias has two ravens named Corbin and Eira and a fox named Argent. Assume they are within calling distance at all times.
As his mate, Briar may enter Artorias' threads unless marked Private.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. r/AmItheAsshole Cryer's Ravine 05:27 AM, 04-25-2024 04:51 PM, 07-18-2024