size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Shelby

1KSamhain 2022Pride - BisexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
05-26-2024, 07:54 PM

"Can you hold this still for me while I roll it out?" she asked her son as she laid the roll of heavy, woven canvas on the floor of her workshop, finding the edge of the roll and giving it to him to hold. She had noticed while out on patrol around the Firefly Lake recently that the pillows that lined the open pavilion she had built on the lake's edge had gotten worn and tattered from being out in the elements. It obviously meant she should probably find a better way of storing them when they weren't in use, but first they were in dire need of replacement. She had managed to find this thick, heavy duty fabric from a wandering trader a while back and had kept it stored away while she looked for the best use for it so this seemed like as good a use as any.

With Daemon's assistance with keeping the fabric flat as she rolled it out, she eye balled how much they might need to make a good amount of pillows. She started with enough to make four pillows and then doubled it to have two sides, using a sharp dagger to cut off what she needed. With that done she moved the roll off to the side and went to work cutting out each matching square, handing the pieces to Daemon to stack them up as she went. "Can you guess why I might want to use this fabric rather than something like hide or fur for these pillows?" she questioned, giving him a brief glance as she spoke to quiz him a bit. He was a very fast learner when it came to the crafting knowledge she was passing on to him, but she liked to see what his train of thought on these things would lead him to.

"Avacyn Mendacium"