gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

05-29-2024, 07:10 AM

Her heart pounded in her chest as his words reverberated through the cave, echoing her own thoughts. She watched his face, seeking any sign of hesitation or doubt, but there was none. Of course, there wouldn’t be. Sometimes, she just had a difficult time accepting that this was even real. His features were as severe and resolute as the stone walls that surrounded them. Her throat tightened with his vow; it was more frightening and comforting than anything she could imagine. "Thank you," she murmured, her voice thick with emotion. "For being willing to meet them, I know it’s going to be a big ask." Her gaze softened, filled with a deep gratitude that she could barely comprehend.

She was silent for a long moment, her silver eyes searching his with an intensity that almost stole his breath away. Would she ask? Did she want to hear the raw truths of his past, or would she prefer to remain in blissful ignorance until the meeting with her family? The tension was palpable, a thick electricity that seemed to buzz against her fur and make her heart pound.

Finally, she shook her head, a faint smile tugging at the corners of her lips. "No," she said softly. "I don't need sugar-coated tales. I need you, Caedes. It is not your task to set up a political relationship between Elysium and the Syndicate. If Avacyn tries to steer you in a direction you don’t want to go in, don’t hesitate to realign the conversation. This is about us. If she wants a political conversation, then by all means, offer to bring your uncle along the next time.” She answered lightly, allowing her sterling gaze to get lost in his verdant one for just a moment before offering him a half-sided grin. “And whatever comes, we'll face it together." Her voice was soft, but the resolve behind her words was as solid as the stones beneath them.

Feeling the tension in his muscles, she gently took his scarred paw, tracing the roughened pads with a feather-light touch. Her silver eyes met his emerald ones, and for a moment, the world seemed to fall away. The soft crackle of the campfire was muted, the chill of the cave forgotten. All she saw was Caedes, all she felt was him – their vulnerabilities, their fears and their hopes, reflected in that deep green gaze. And as her attention lingered, she couldn’t help but ease the tension with a wry smirk. Oh, I’ll have you alright. There is no alternative.” She proclaimed, with an amused confidence ... only to be followed by a gentle sigh. "I just don’t want to have to hide anymore. Is it that outlandish to want to be accepted in both of our worlds?" She gently squeezed his large paw in hers, her silver markings glistening in the firelight. "I want us to be...us." Maybe one day that could be achieved. Or perhaps it would take them deconstructing both of their worlds and building a new one together- but of course that was a frightening conversation to be held at a different time. She didn't even want to begin to process the ramifications of that particular train of thought. Not here. Not now.

"Mariah Mendacium"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. We Will Break Away Together. Redbud Nook 04:11 AM, 05-28-2024 02:43 PM, 06-07-2024