size
Medium
build
Light
player
LadyElin
06-02-2024, 05:00 PM
[Image: I1Fzp3q.png]

Morwenna smiled knowingly as she read between the lines of the leader's agreeable nod. Her ear will be bent in this conversation, she already knew it would be coming.

She laughed with a chime at the mention of babysitting. "Oh hell no! Not when they're tiny dragons! Please! I've had my fill taking care of those monsters when I was too young myself! I'll take my own toddlers, thank you! But these guys should have more than enough aunts and uncles to step in, no?" Her patience was always severely tested around smaller children. She liked to play and teach older children and teens. She did not envy those toddling piranha years!

Ah yes, the conversation did eventually turn down a route Morwenna knew was coming since she offered. She settled in comfortably and listened attentively. Nodding and looking inquisitively at appropriate junctions.

The healer looked sympathetically at Modesty, not pity, not charity, but a knowing sympathy.

"Yes. I'm so sorry you've endured such curses. You're far from alone in experiencing that." She shifted her weight towards Modesty to lean on one hip and swoop her tail over her toes.

"I grew up in a pack with very open definitions of relationship policies. They wouldn't lift a goddamn finger when they saw an injustice and had an opportunity to help, but besides that, children and mothers and many lovers abounded among them. Two mothers experienced that strange bad feeling whenever they were nursing. They hated every second of it, one of them was certainly in more agony than the other. They didn't love their children any less, and since there was usually another mother or two available they were able to give her a break and let another mother nurse her kids when she needed it. It was probably what kept her alive." Hopefully, her experience was a comfort for Modesty.

"It's also unfortunately more normal to also have those feelings of not bonding with your children right away and almost hating them when they're in the newborn stage. It's okay, it just means you need the village to step in and help out more. It doesn't make you a terrible mother or evil, or anything like that. It's just sometimes the way it is, especially if you are feeling alone and needing more support than you're getting." She tilted her head to Mod, "Does that help some?" She asked sweetly.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Won't remember me Cryer's Ravine 07:31 PM, 05-18-2024 06:56 PM, 06-21-2024