An icon representing the specialty Anatomist Anatomist

gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

06-05-2024, 08:56 AM (This post was last modified: 06-05-2024, 10:28 AM by Mariah. Edited 1 time in total.)

Mariah hesitated, taking another small sip from the bottle. The harsh taste of the wine coated her tongue, matching the bitter sensation in her heart. She stared at Fia, trying to decipher the unreadable expression on her sister's face. "I'm not trying to police you," she replied softly, her gaze steady, "only to understand, that’s all."

Mariah released a heavy exhale, her steps following in the wake of Fia's. The sharp tang of alcohol lingered on her tongue, sending a warm buzz throughout her body. She was a lightweight, always had been. As they walked, a thread of excitement wound its way through her nerves, held at bay only by the gentle dizziness from the wine. Her eyes stayed fixed on her sister, who seemed effortlessly at ease in their conversation. "You know," Mariah began, attempting to match Fia's attempt at humor, “It seems like I remember you recommending I not bother Saracyn- and I took that personally, so I just upped and left.” She answered dryly, obviously joking, but it bought her time. Long enough to look away as she thought about what she could say about boy troubles.

Mariah cast her gaze up to the faded azure sky, her silver eyes reflecting the few wisps of clouds that drifted lazily above them. “I have someone, but it seems as if the uhh …. political standings are not in our favor. He’s my soulmate, but his family demands loyalty of him just as ours does of us …” The words lingered in the cold air between them as Mariah took another sip of the wine, her eyes flickering over to Fia. She could see her sister's silhouette outlined by the dimly lit light. “So that sucks.” She finished in an effort to break any lingering tension. “You?”

"Mariah Mendacium"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Don't Ask Too Much Rustling Thicket 09:29 AM, 06-02-2024 10:43 AM, 06-20-2024