An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

Critical Fail!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Rapid Poster - BronzeStudent1K
06-05-2024, 10:54 AM

She was an attentive listener, hmming at all the right spots. Her diligence in her task was remarkable, and her resolve to do what she thought was right, admirable. He found himself wanting to protect her, to stand over her against whoever sought to harm her. Yes, she was capable, strong enough to hold her own... but what if she felt she didn't have to? Could he be so bold as to wonder such things? So far as he's noticed she doesn't have a partner besides her mother, and she's quite young...

He wonders if he should have waited to tell the story of his mother's sacrifice for another time, but it was out already. He noted how she was more aggressive at pulling at the soil during that part of his retelling. She felt the world as deeply as he did.

When he asks his question he saw her falter in her work. Was she startled that he would ask it? Was it audacious? Taboo? No, she was simply surprised! He gently twitches his tail in a subdued joy at the allowance of placing his own memorial for his family here. He would carve an effigy of his mother then. Perhaps he could one day learn to carve stone.

"You are generous, thankyou."

He perks his ears at her comment of never having to dig another grave again.
"Then I will gladly carry the burden when another grave is needed. Death is as much a part of our lives as birth. For some the joy of birth is too much to bear and so it can be for death. It is good to have this place so that we may visit our beloved departed." His sincerity was warm, it was no shame if she could not bear to bury another of her loved ones, she had so much happened to her already before she even had a chance to grow up.

She then turned to thank him then offered what would help make him comfortable. At first, he wouldn't hear of it, beginning to shake his head but it occurred to him that her helpful offers were serving more than just her leadership duties.

"You are so kind, Haydee." She reminded him of a chickadee in some ways, her name, the black cap of her fur, and her petite stature. So sweet.
"Your mother had told me about a few of the gods she follows, and I wondered where I might find literature of them so that I may be more familiar with them? Perhaps the deities I was taught are similar?" He asked, lifting his head and crossing his paws regally.

"Speech!"
Code © Skelle/Witchdogtor DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION