size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

Pride - DemisexualRapid Poster - Gold1K
06-05-2024, 11:10 AM

Caedes met Avacyn’s gaze with calm intensity, his posture exuding confidence as it always had. His emerald eyes observed her as she greeted Mariah, and he had to admit, Mariah was right. Avacyn did look like a bright night sky, stars included. When she turned to him with a generally welcoming smile, he rumbled out his own greeting. “Thank you, Avacyn,” The dire brute began, his voice neutral, steady, and respectful. “It is good to meet you as well.” He gave Mariah a reassuring glance, feeling the tension ease slightly between them all.

As Avacyn led them to the sitting area by the bonfire, he took in the surroundings and lowered himself onto his haunches, nodding as she spoke. She mentioned her agreement to the arrangement and her interest in his family and the tension between their packs, which he had expected.

He took a moment to gather his thoughts, knowing his words needed to balance honesty and diplomacy. However, he was no politician, nor did he care for sugarcoating. “I appreciate you allowing me to visit Mariah. I am here to support her and to find a way for our futures to intertwine, despite the… challenges.”

Caedes paused, his expression thoughtful as he addressed the concerns about his family. “The Syndicate, and especially my cousin Sephiran, have a reputation that precedes them. I will not deny that. My family values loyalty and strength, sometimes to a brutal fault. Sephiran, our Sultan, sees Elysium as an extension of The Hallows, which is why he has declared you an enemy. Artorias threatened us in the name of the Ashen Empire first and foremost after the overtaking of Norad, angry at our methods which caused no bloodshed. He demanded we leave the lands entirely, never to be seen again, or be slaughtered. Refusal meant declaring every banner under the Empire an enemy. My Sultan refused.” Of course Sephiran would refuse, with his pride and egoism. But well, Caedes would have refused as well. Only a coward would have bowed his head and scurried off in the face of that threat.

He looked Avacyn in the eyes, his own gaze steady and earnest. Though, he was sure her predecessors, or even herself knew Artorias much better. Caedes himself did not know why the man held so much contempt for Sephiran in the first place. “But I am not here as a representative of the Syndicate. I am here as Caedes, a wolf who loves Mariah and would not see her harmed. My family does not know of this arrangement as of yet, but they do know I have a personal interest that lives in Elysium.”

Caedes took a deep breath, feeling the weight of his next words. “I understand the need to protect your family and your pack. I am navigating my loyalty to my family and my devotion to Mariah, and it is not an easy path. But I am committed to finding a way through it, a way that does not bring harm to either of our families.” And what a balancing act it had been thus far, but so very rewarding.

He let his gaze drift to the bonfire for a moment, then back to Avacyn. “I want to build trust, to show that my intentions are true. I will answer any questions you have.” Caedes finished speaking, his resolve clear in his eyes. He knew that actions would speak louder than words, but this was a start. He hoped that, in time, he could earn not just Avacyn's acceptance, but her trust as well. For Mariah’s sake, at the very least.

"speaking"

Caedes is a mature character, viewer discretion is advised.
Unless otherwise stated, assume he is not wearing his feathered skull mask.