size
Large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

Samhain 2022Pride - Bisexual
06-13-2024, 10:55 AM

See this was why Desponia stayed away from the common areas of the island. Why she'd chosen a den tucked away and not easily spotted. It felt like the moment she'd decided to find her niece the girl had popped into existence in front of her. Not even a single second to start figuring out what she was going to say. (In reality she hadn't found the Matriarch that fast but still sooner than she'd have liked, her preference would have been never.)

The woman stopped before her niece, though maybe a little further away than one might expect of pack mates. It almost irked her more to see Avacyn look at her so openly. It reminded her of the last real interaction with her sister Desponia had had. She could not understand any of them, her siblings especially, wanting to have some sort of relationship with her. They hadn't been pups when her mother had been chased off, they'd killed any chance of ever fostering something that day. A relationship was not possible. Not in her eyes. Her nieces and nephews weren't culpable for their parents sins, she at least believed that, she had to if she wanted to believe it about herself, but the same damnable laws were observed under them and the same damnable blood flowed through them. So yeah it was some what frustrating looking at the family that had made her life a hell and seeing anything that made it harder to hate them.

Still Desponia would push down the urge to grimace at her niece. She let out a deep sigh and then, as evenly and stone faced as possible said plainly: "I am pregnant." She watched, carefully. "Figured the Matriarch ought to know." Desponia didn't even let her usual disdain slip through when speaking the younger woman's title aloud. It felt so pretentious to her. But then any title would have. She wasn't exactly pro authority, especially not these ones. The woman said nothing else, just watching, waiting.

"Speech"

Art by yfjyrcnkirsgte
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.