gems
size
Medium
build
Emaciated
player
Indie

06-14-2024, 07:56 PM

Mariah watched as Cerberus made his way towards her, his imposing silhouette standing out against the backdrop of the flickering bonfire and the twinkling starlit plains. As he sat beside the stream and extended his paw invitingly, Mariah’s heart fluttered, but she accepted his offer. Coming to settle at his side. Her crimson accents seemed to come alive in the soft light reflected from the water, blending subtly with her jet-black fur. Her eyes sparkled with an intensity that matched the brilliance of the stars above them. "Yeah, I’ve had a really nice time,” she answered lightly, her gaze steady on the stream as it shimmered, reflecting the myriad of stars overhead. Beside her, Cerberus’ warm presence was comforting. Just as she was about to thank him for coming once again, he himself spoke again.

Mariah followed Cerberus' gaze upward to the stars. Their glow showered down on them, making the open plains appear like a different world. "It's beautiful," she murmured, her voice barely above a whisper as if she feared breaking the tranquility of the moment. Her eyes remained fixed on the celestial display above them, but she was acutely aware of Cerberus' gaze on her. A shiver ran down her spine at his question and she turned to look at him, meeting his silver gaze with her own.

"I’m fortunate enough that I don’t really have anyone to remember," she replied slowly. It was a strange thing for her to think about— the idea that she had been spared the personal loss that so many of her kind had endured. She appreciated it, of course, but there was a twinge of guilt, too. It felt wrong to admit that, surrounded by those who were here to remember. "Do you?" She asked, her tone politely curious in turn.

"Mariah Mendacium"

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. It's The Place To Be The Starlit Plains 04:10 PM, 06-14-2024 10:43 AM, 06-20-2024