gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Res
06-18-2024, 05:34 PM

It took a moment for him to snap back to the present but eventually Caedes leaned into her embrace as he always had. Kaino, protective as ever, held him close, one paw gently and rhythmically stroking the back of his neck and shoulder. His tears soaked into her coat as he explained that days upset. He froze when he believed that he should have acted. He couldn't move. Couldn't breathe. She understood. How many times had this happened in the past? How many times had she run interference to keep him safe? How many times had she held him just like this, wiping away his tears, after one traumatic event or another?

"Shh...Shh..." Still having her brother wrapped within her arms, Kai placed her cheek on top of his head. Her voice was soft, soothing, full of love and understanding. "I'm sorry that I wasn't there when it happened," she whispered, "But I'm here now. You're safe. I'll always keep you safe, brother."

Kaino had heard a quick explanation from Aresenn, but had run off in pursuit of Caedes before any in depth information could be shared. She knew that Aurelia was dead, she knew that it had been gruesome, and she knew that Caedes was suffering because of it.

Again and again the woman's silver gloved paw stroked soothingly across Caedes' scarred body. He spoke of those scars and the hurt that they still caused. Gods... what she wouldn't give to kill his father... "Your scars tell a story," again, her voice was soft, mellifluous, soothing, "They're a testament to what you've been through and they've helped to mold you, but..." Kai stopped stroking her brother's back, instead taking both of her paws and bringing them to gently grasp tear stained cheeks. She brought his emerald gaze to meet her own of ice and mint. "They do not dictate who you are. You are not your scars. You are my brother, Caedes. My strong, intelligent, handsome, annoying as hell brother." the barest of smirks lifted the corners of Kaino's maw. "And I love you like no other. We'll get through this together, okay?"

"Speech"

Despite being absolutely adorable, Kaino is an adult character that indulges in adult situations. Viewer discretion advised.
[Image: fGJURoI.png]

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Close Your Eyes. Try to Breathe. Mount Volkan 01:02 PM, 06-17-2024 01:26 AM, 07-07-2024