size
Small species
build
Light
player
axiom

Pride - Asexual
06-20-2024, 09:17 AM
So intent in her song, Aster noticed the wolf’s approach only as a potential threat in the scenery. One of the unfortunate downsides of traveling solo meant she could never fully relax while singing. She had survived a few young hawks’ attempts to catch her while distracted, but Aster survived!

When she finished her song, she heard the voice of the wolf. Amusement flashed in Aster’s eyes. Most ground-dwellers didn’t think to look up, did they?

“Hello, hello!” Aster chirped. Her voice was friendly, and, for extra helpfulness, she noisily fluttered her wings and jumped down from the branch.

With her feet outstretched, she caught one of the almost-vertical branches of the willow tree and hung on. Now she was only about a meter and a half higher than the wolf, so much easier to converse with while staying safe. Aster thought it was silly when wolves tried to kill her; meant they were idiots, couldn’t see the value of long-term collaboration through the short-term desire to eat a morsel wrapped in feathers.

“I’m glad you liked that song! It’s one from my mom’s side of the family. And my name’s Aster!” She tilted her head side to side as she analyzed the russet wolf. “You’re a pack wolf, right?