size
Dire wolf
build
Heavy
player
TrenRanu

Pride - DemisexualRapid Poster - Gold1K
06-21-2024, 08:52 PM

Caedes listened intently to Avacyn, his posture relaxed yet attentive, his emerald eyes never wavering from her. Her words were measured, a testament to her wisdom and leadership, and he respected that deeply considering the situation. As she spoke of Sephiran’s takeover of Norad and the methods employed, a flicker of something akin to understanding crossed his eyes. The ways of his kin were not going to be accepted, and that was fine. The matter of perspective was a powerful thing, and the more steps back he took from his family with Mariah at his side… the more he was beginning to see wrong. Avacyn went on , and Caedes remained silent throughout. She put her cards on the table, her willingness to help, to fight for Mariah, and her stipulations. When she finished speaking, the air filled with his rough tones.

“The facts are indeed the facts, and I agree with you on that. My intention was merely to steer away from the more unsavory aspects of the situation, as our discussion was meant to focus on a different topic. I am not a politician, Avacyn, and convincing you to see things from my family's perspective is not my goal. I apologize if it appeared otherwise. Given the standard in which I was raised, this incident seemed like just a drop in a vast lake. I am still understanding that it is not so for other families. My perspective is… skewed. I wish to change that.”

He paused, allowing his words to sink in, before continuing. “I know that words can often be hollow without action to back them. My purpose here is not to rewrite history or defend the indefensible, but to tread a new path with Mariah. I have my reasons for not choosing to leave at this time…” Caedes took a deep breath, his expression resolute. “But, I would never ask Mariah to leave Elysium or to live under the rule of my Sultan.” He looked at Mariah, his eyes softening as he spoke to her directly, though still loud enough for Avacyn to hear. “That will never happen. You have my word. I would sooner die, even by his hand.” He declared, as a very real possibility.

"speaking"

Caedes is a mature character, viewer discretion is advised.
Unless otherwise stated, assume he is not wearing his feathered skull mask.