size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Tealah

Samhain 2022Statue 5 Worship
06-25-2024, 12:20 AM
Corbie listened impassively to Modesty 's venomous words, her head just tilted slightly to the side as she met the other alpha's eyes. It was more than a little strange that the woman knew so much detail about Corbie 's encounter with the viking alpha during that raid, but she supposed they must have been quite close friends to be gossiping together about Avalon, of all packs. As Modesty finished her threats, Corbie simply sat quietly for a moment, not moving her gaze away from Modesty. "I have been nothing but honest and open with you," she finally said, slowly and thoughtfully. "I came here in good faith as a neutral party to mediate for TWO packs that I'd had good relations and respect for, not just Ethne. And here I've been met with threats." She shook her head, a sigh puffing from her teeth. "My neutrality would more properly be called into question if I let threats and anger choose a side for me, not for standing my ground and remaining open to both sides. I'm sorry that you aren't willing to work with me, Modesty, but that isn't on me, or Avalon. That's your own choice, and I pity you and yours for the likely consequences of that mindset down the road " Only then did she stand, and incline her head towards Modesty. "I have no intention of standing aside, for either you or Ethne. A fair resolution to this feud is still possible. When you are ready to find it, you know where to find me. Please give my regards to Gilgamesh when you see him, and let him know that he is more than welcome to take sanctuary at Avalon if he needs somewhere safe to recover." With that she turned her back on the raider queen and allowed her paws to find the trail to return her home. As long as Modesty refused her cooperation, there was little more she could do there now but escalate the situation further, which would do no one any good. Patience and careful work would bring more results than a potential fight that would solve nothing

-exit-
unless otherwise stated, Corbie's kinkajou companion is with her at all times

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. An Envoy Approacheth Cryer's Ravine 12:33 AM, 04-23-2024 01:22 AM, 08-24-2024