gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
Xarae
07-02-2024, 08:30 PM
Finch shot her a toothy grin back. "Yes, preferably before that!" She agreed, slinging her satchel further back along her shoulders and out of the way. "I'm Finch, by the way. Happy to lend a helping paw." The amiable white female set her nose to the ground. This stranger was right - that tantalizing scent of elderberry was just within reach, but where? "Those berries can be awfully small sometimes," she allowed, glancing back up the pink and black spotted wolf. "I'm sure you're right, they're around here somewhere!" The rain stayed at a soft drizzle, luckily. Just a pleasant tickle along her back.

The undergrowth here was rich, and every step further into the loamy soil seemed to release more competing fragrances. Herbs and grasses and shrubberies choked each other out and fought for supremacy among this crowded garden. Finch thought she could see the semblance of organization once - a creeping vine of blackberries hung suspended from some kind of armature that seemed to help it grow. It was rusty and smelled like metal, a thin wire stretching only a short ways between two trees at the outskirts of the clearing. Other herbs appeared in clumps that made sense. Elsewhere, though... it was chaos. "Oh! I think I see some!" she announced, and darted across the garden with springy steps. Rich, heavy berries hung low peeking out from behind a thick-trunked tree at the edge of the copse opposite from where they had first came across each other.