size
Medium
build
Light
player
Nyx

Samhain 2022Pride - PansexualThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3
07-04-2024, 08:05 AM
Paddling back with the gray snapper clasped firmly between her jaws, Nami caught sight of Jynn scrambling up the roots of one of the nearby mangrove trees as she caught a fish of her own and moved to settle down and tear into it for a moment.

"A warrior? I guessh he doesh give me that vibe,"[/color] she spoke through a mouth full of fish as she moved back to solid ground to take a bite into it. She hadn't experienced that side of him but given his demeanor, it made perfect sense now that Jynn said something. Nami was just glad Hanzo had agreed she could stay here, even if she felt she couldn't relate to him all that much. She could - and did - pull her weight, and that was what mattered at the end of the day.

She grinned as Jynn was tempted back into the water and Nami didn't hesitate in joining her, taking a small bite out of her own fish before abandoning it for the moment and sliding back into the cool water of the bay. "My pack was in the far north," she started, kicking away from the shallows as her orange gaze fixed on the water and searched for signs of movement in the water below. "The weather was so much more intense than here. These lands feel a little like being on vacation," she commented, grinning a little as she tread water in a deeper section of the bay. "I grew up in a little fishing village. We traded fish to all sorts of different wolves and packs. Everything there was pretty strict. In a stifling way, not like here."

It felt hard to put into words, the way home had made her feel like she couldn't quite be herself. But that was why she'd left, and how she'd eventually found this place. "What about you? You didn't grow up in a pack, did you?" Nami knew Jynn wasn't exactly a wolf like her and she knew of her deep-seated wanderlust spirit, but she didn't know a lot about her early life. She hoped she wouldn't be offended by asking. Catching sight of one of the herring's silvery scales - and then noticing the school of fish that traveled together - she dove down and aimed to snatch up one of them.

table coding by bunni ♥