gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
TrenRanu
07-04-2024, 03:58 PM
Aristaios couldn't help but admire the woman’s spirit as it began to show, a confidence consuming the caution bit by bit. Though he understood why she might be wary of strangers at first introduction, only a fool wouldn’t be. Her being injured would not make that wariness any better, which is why he was taking such care in maintaining her comfort. It was an easy thing to do, and it wasn’t as though he was a devious brute bent on harming others. He was a hunter, a fighter, a thrill seeker; sure. And he just so happened to have a weakness when it came to helping out the less fortunate.

Her breathy laugh at his assurance made him chuckle as well, as though he found that innate toughness endearing. “I'm sure you are tougher than you appear,” He acknowledged with a nod, his mismatched eyes meeting her bright turquoise ones again as the breeze wafted her scent into his nares. He carefully picked out pine, and… strawberry-apple? Focusing again, he flashed her a winning smile to make her feel more at ease as he finished examining her injury; he did, however, also notice her attempt to hide the discomfort. She had fortitude. Or too much pride to let a stranger see her at her, arguably, lowest. He’d have done the same.

As he watched her, he took in every detail: the way her green markings shifted atop her equally sandy and chocolate coat in the light, the willfulness in her posture despite the injury, and the glint of determination in her bright emerald eyes. Pretty woman, he mentally noted. “No, it's not the best place to be resting, landslides and all. Good place to hunt though.” He agreed, glancing around the rocky and perilous terrain. “But we'll find somewhere safer.” Her smirk and teasing remark brought a chuckle to his lips, his appreciation for her growing with each moment. He leaned in slightly, his eyes twinkling with an impish glint. “Oh? I'm missing out right now, sure. But there’s still time.” His voice dropped an octave lower than his conversational tone, those deep greek vocals rumbling from his chest as he returned her tease two-fold.

When she stood up to think about his offer, Aristaios waited patiently, his expression betraying only his interest in helping her. If she refused, he’d probably have a bad taste in his mouth for a while, or a constant bristle along his nape. But her request for his name brought a warm smile to his face, a pleasant turn of events. “Fair enough,” He said, tilting his head slightly to regard her, shoulders rippling as he positioned himself to be her crutch. “My name is Aristaios Praedātiō, but you can call me whatever you like, if you prefer. My name can leave new friends tongue-tied.” A half-grin, one that crinkled the edges of his muzzle as he threw out the notion of friendship, a jest mostly, to keep the atmosphere light.

He moved closer to her, his body relaxed and supportive. He extended his side, ready for her to lean on him. He gave a hum to signal his readiness, pointing his muzzle forward toward the path they’d need to follow as he mentally mapped the way he’d come. “And now that you know my name, I'll gladly help you, if you’d allow me. We'll take it slow. I'll make sure you get where you’re going safely.” His voice was calm and reassuring, his presence steady and reliable. “But you've got me at a disadvantage here. I don't know your name yet. Care to enlighten me? You could consider it my payment, or... maybe my reward?” Another grin, this time one brimming with confidence and a hint of mischief.

""

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. I tripped and fell, oops Faller's Fjord 08:14 PM, 06-24-2024 01:45 PM, 10-02-2024