An icon representing the specialty Bard Bard

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Shelby

How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Ooh La LaSamhain 2022LegendaryPride - DemisexualTeacher
The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3VengeanceCritical Fail!Ice Bridge Explorer1K
07-06-2024, 02:24 AM

Briar laughed lightly at Ember's follow up questions about her and Artorias' relationship while they continued to prepare the grapes and fruits for the wine together. Even though Ember took after her father in many ways, there were some things that obviously came from her like the interests in cooking and wine making and the obvious infatuation with love and relationships. "Well, your father wasn't always the levelheaded, wise leader he is now," she said with amusement, her tone obviously teasing and poking fun at her own husband since he still very much had his moments where that old temper of his still came to the surface. "He always encouraged me to speak my mind and stand up for myself while I helped him see other perspectives and talk through things before he jumped into action. He helped me find ways to still keep some of my battle ready Fatalis roots while encouraging my more soft and feminine traits while I helped him find a balance between work and enjoyment. We really balance each other out in so many ways," she replied with a wistful grin.

"As for when we became a couple... I don't think there was ever a moment where we sat down and agreed that we were dating. We certainly admitted that we had feelings for one another at some point so maybe that was when we became 'official' in a way? But, in truth, I had only ever been with your father and knew very early on that he was the one I wanted to be with forever," she admitted with a grin, her braided tail sweeping against the cellar floor. "There was his proposal though. It was during the first bonfire festival. After all the festivities were starting to wind down, he brought me up to the tower, gave me this–" she said, holding up her foreleg for a moment to point out the white gold, diamond studded bangle that sat among her other bracelets. "after a very sweet and very loving speech about our love and then he asked me to marry him. Which, of course, I said yes to," she added, laughing and smiling at the memory as she went back to preparing grapes. "I'm sure some wolves have a more distinct courting or dating story, but for us we just... kind of always were."

"Briar Carpathius"