build
Balanced
player
Bird

WordyOoh La LaRapid Poster - Silver
07-11-2024, 06:34 AM
Oh, fly over me, evil angel;
Why can't I breathe, evil angel?

After she let out her call, Atreyu didn't have to wait long for someone to show up. Her spotted tail gave an uncontrollably happy wave as she recognized the smaller woman, good, a fellow healer! Mélisande was a welcome sight, and after covering yet another sneeze, Atreyu gave her a warm smile. "It is good to see you, Mélisande. Yes, that is me sneezing...I can't find anything to fix it." She could see the concern in her acquaintance's face as she sat down. Atreyu followed her motions and reclined to sit down with her friend.

Luckily for Atreyu, it would seem as though the red woman knew what she was talking about. "I knew I shouldn't have tried, but nothing is working." She explained why she got in the pool, admitting that it was silly and foolish, she probably only exacerbated the seasonal cold she bore. "Bigs went to find me some more herbs, I told him to find something I haven't tried yet...he may be a while." Atreyu gave a raspy little laugh, then coughed a little, of course it was algae. "I may be a bit desperate." Atreyu shook her spotted head at herself, laughing a bit more. Bigs didn't know what he was looking for so it may have been a bit unfair for her to have sent him away.

Mélisande asked her how long the sneezing had been going on, "I'm not sure exactly, but it was around the same time that the first flowers started blooming." Atreyu knew she was allergic to many types of flowers, but she didn't know that those same flowers grew here. Oh well, can't escape all of our problems. Mélisande asked her more questions, and she made sure to answer each one. These were things the red woman would need to know, the smaller woman not truly prying only asking what she could to help. "Well, there is an itch in my throat that won't go away, and I have developed a slight cough."

The mention of relatives almost makes her watery eyes actually tear up, but through the lump in her throat, she answers. "My father had seasonal allergies, we would have sneezing competitions sometimes. This may be more than just allergens bothering my nose, however." She gave a laugh, the sound beginning to become hoarse. The memory of her father playing with her as a girl, and their tandem sneezing fits that would turn into who could sneeze the most in the shortest amount of time. She could see that Mélisande was mulling over what could be wrong with her, and the best way to fix it. "If it helps, I think I may already have a seasonal cold...that would explain why I haven't been able to find a fix yet." Atreyu was good at self-diagnosis but she could admit when she needed assistance.

Word count: 476 words. || Collectively: 1,525 words.
"Talk." || 'Think.' || 'Hear.'
Note: ---
ART BY BRIENASKYSONG

Atreyu can be rated M for mature, not always, but expect it to pop up.
Her companion, Bigs, is assumed to be with her unless otherwise mentioned.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. Scat cat, you're tail's on fire! Alabastrine Shrine 05:20 AM, 07-07-2024 11:14 AM, 07-25-2024