Expert Fighter (160)

Advanced Healer (85)

gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
07-11-2024, 09:02 PM

Gavroche had lingered longer than he would have liked at Cedar Falls, but clearing his head had been necessary. He hadn’t realized that sleeping in the flowers could coat him in their pollen which unfortunately triggered an allergy like response. Though he had washed it away he still felt like his throat was on the scratchy side. His eyes had stopped watering and his headache was gone though, and for now that was enough! He pressed on into the morning light, praying that he was heading in the right direction. He had never been great with them, and when he passed through an unfamiliar land the night before he could only hope he was approaching Polaris still…

…and then he found himself at the beach. Eyes widened in wonder at the big stretch of sand. He took small steps, gaze flicking toward the open stretch of water. The bag he’d been using had fallen apart, so he had lost the charcoal he used to mark the map… but the map itself was rolled up and pressed against his neck under his collar. He refused to lose it. Not with what it meant. It was important he returned and found his father. With any luck he could avoid getting yelled at for disobeying the man.

To Gavroche’s surprise… he saw his father on the beach. Alone, in emotional distress. His posture betrayed him. Gav approached quietly as his ears fell. He’d never seen his father look so crestfallen. He didn’t say anything until he was beside the man, speaking up in a quiet, but sure tone. “Mom wouldn’t like seeing you like this.” He said softly. “I know you’re going to be angry with me dad, but I found her.” Gavroche tensed, preparing for his father’s reaction.

"…and they’re far from breaking her.”

"Speech," 'Thought.'

table coding by bunni ♥