build
Balanced
player
Bird

WordyOoh La LaRapid Poster - Silver
07-14-2024, 07:28 AM
Oh, fly over me, evil angel;
Why can't I breathe, evil angel?

This was a joyous occasion, one that Atreyu would remember forever. Bigs chased his butterfly through the rain, barking and tipping excitedly as he did so. Dancing, leaping, and running around Ellara as she played with her. Splashing in the puddles, Atreyu allowed herself to frolic like a pup again, just enjoying the moment. Her relatives had made it to the Summerlands! There had been nothing left for funeral rites, but Kiska had let them go home. Happy tears tinged with grief flowed freely now, she laughed and spun around, kicking up water in the process. It went on like that until the rain finally slowed back down to a gentle drizzle that highlighted the set of twin rainbows in the sky.

Bigs came back to her with a huge smile planted on his face as he panted in exertion. 'What does it mean, anyway?' Ellara asked her, calling out through what remained of the rain. Atreyu's smile lessened, but only just for a second as she blinked away tears from her eyes. "My family and pack made it home, their final home." She slowed her play to a stop, reclining in the drizzling rain with her face upturned into the heavenly spray. "Those twin rainbows are a sign that they made it home, to the Summerlands with the mother-spirit, Kiska." The conviction with which she said those words, the deep-rooted belief in her heavens shined through. Kiska had them in her bosom, and she didn't need to grieve for their souls any longer.

Word count: 254 words.
"Talk." || 'Think.' || 'Hear.'
Note: ---
ART BY BRIENASKYSONG

Atreyu can be rated M for mature, not always, but expect it to pop up.
Her companion, Bigs, is assumed to be with her unless otherwise mentioned.
As her betrothed, Azriel is allowed in any of her threads, regardless of tag or label.

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. there was an echo, far and faint The God's Garden 01:52 PM, 07-09-2024 11:36 AM, 07-17-2024