gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Emery
07-16-2024, 07:09 AM

Claws dug into the ice beneath them as the boy skittered to a stop in front of the doe. She turned to face him, pale and nearly glowing. A delicate bow was strewn over the side of her face. Arató thought she was unlike any deer he had ever seen before. If he wasn't mistaken, she even wagged her tail at him; a gesture which he quickly returned. Then she spook to him. His eyes widened with glee and his body tremored with it. "I hear the voice of the hooved," he murmured giddily, "Ah, I cannot say I have ever conversed with your kind, maiden of light". He shook himself, letting the cold air siphon through his coat as bits of dirt and bark fell to the ground from the forest he had visited not long before.

"I am here for the adventure of it, for the stories I have yet to hear. You must be looking for stories yourself, to be out wandering where no forage grows," he answered her. Looking around them, he caught a glimpse through the sun fractured wall of a glacier at an unmistakable set of bones. He cocked his head at the sight, his voice growing wistful and more of a humming than actual speech, "the stories they'd tell, I wonder. I wonder. The stories of the skeletons never buried". Antsy paws shuffled atop the ice and silver eyes turned back to the peculiar deer. "Does the maiden of light wish for company to write her stories?"