An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
TrenRanu

TeacherWinnerHow many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Pride - DemisexualPride - BisexualPride - Demisexual
Double MasterWordyStudentBest BudsHomebodyRapid Poster - Rainbow
07-18-2024, 11:16 PM

Absinth’s gaze softened as she looked into Zagan’s eager eyes, catching the spark of understanding and the budding pride in his expression. His curiosity was tangible, his commitment to learn evident in every word he spoke. She felt a sense of satisfaction watching him absorb her teachings about the raven's unique bond. She took the time to look him over, scanning him for scratches and ruffled fur alike – ready to fix any stray hairs. He was such a distinct-looking child, and though she was not his true-born mother, she felt no difference between him and, say, Ludovic of her blood-borns.

“The panther is different. Felines are ruled by different laws. Fear is one, which I assume is what yours is controlled by.” She began, her voice carrying a sharp note of thoughtful consideration. Her paw moved to run through his fur, through the quills that poked at her fingers but did nothing to change her expression. He was so small now, and she knew with time he would grow, larger than life. Larger than she herself. Maybe then, he will have become a formidable brute. She hoped to be there when it happened. Would he be the Sultan? Would Sephiran snuff him out before then? She bristled at the thought. “While it was given to you, it can still learn to understand and respect you. Or, you can continue to keep it with fear as it’s only motivator.”

She paused, her tail flicking as she thought of the best way to explain. To tell him of the drawbacks of such a bond. “Do you think being scared of someone is true loyalty? If you were injured, would you still trust your panther with your life, if push came to shove?” A moment of pause, her eyes searching his as her neck craned to meet his eyes. No. It would leave you for fucking dead at your weakest moment. For something that spends so much time with you, so closely – You must show it now that you are worthy of its devotion, not just its obedience. Spend time with it, speak to it, and let it learn your scent and your voice. Your mind. One day, it may even take your orders without so much as a glance from you.” She breathes in his scent, that sweet familiar scent, her ears folding back out of reminiscence as she continues. “Show it why it should be utterly devoted to you. Not by fear alone. Fear should only be used on the weak and worthless. I’m not telling you to cuddle up with it, or whisper sweet words to it – but manipulation, my son, goes a long way. That means to control how someone sees you, and how you can change the way they think with your resolve alone. I can teach you more if you like.”

Absinth tilted her head slightly, a smirk capturing her lips, her eyes never leaving his. “But remember, the bond won’t form overnight, but with consistency and attentiveness, the panther will come to respect you. Truly. It will be your true ally. It may never be the same as with the raven, but it can be a useful and loyal companion in its own right.”

She nuzzled him gently, feeling the warmth of his affection and the sincerity in his earlier vow. Her eyes shimmered with pride and mischief, her muzzle moving to kiss the top of his head with a rugged, devious chuckle bubbling up from her chest. “Every bond is unique, Zagan. Know it, nurture it, and it will grow in its own way. Then you may change it, evolve it as you see fit. You have the resolve and the will to make it happen.” She purred, her tail thumping in the snow behind her.

"Absinth Artemisia Inferos"

m o o d b o a r d 
Absi is a mature character. She's very vulgar and volatile. Discretion advised.