Advanced Intellectual (60)

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced
player
Joe

Pride - BisexualSnake EyesOoh La LaCritical Fail!
07-19-2024, 05:27 PM
Stolas couldn't help the proud little puff up of fur when Cryptis commented on how cool his observatory platforms were. He was dead chuffed at how effective they were, so the tiny wolf's praise was quite the pat on the back for him. While she made her way up to him, Stolas poured her a cup of tea and by the time they were both settled in, the dark had all but swallowed up the fading twilight and the sea of stars overhead was becoming more and more visible by the second. Her remark about bullying her boyfriend into building her a high-hide brought a laugh from the older wolf. "My dear, you could bully anyone into anything if you assert yourself the right way." She was royalty now; a daughter of a queen and the princess of Hellborn. He remembered when he had been royalty of Ashen, and the lessons his parents had imparted on him about humility.

Cryptis asked how he slept during the daylight and Stolas smiled, finding the questions the young woman asked him endearing rather than prying. He gestured to another platform across in a denser part of the forest canopy. This platform had walls and a roof over it, built into a small hut of sorts. "That is my den. It keeps the light mostly out. I also sleep with an eye mask on for total blackout darkness," he explained to her. "I like the sounds of the forest, so I didn't want to be completely isolated in an underground den. In my old home, we lived in a stunning palace. My chambers were cool and dark, but had openings like windows that let me see out across the Briar. I had curtains I could draw or open as I pleased, so I could listen to the songbirds and wildlife without burning my retinas in the sun." Oh, how he missed his room in the palace and his observatory there... back when life seemed simpler and easier.

"Stolas"