gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Emery
07-20-2024, 03:36 PM

He giggled at the raven as it jumped back to keep the distance between them, yet it made no move to leave. Almost appearing to be in some sort of kinship with the raven, a massive form then stepped into view from within the shadows of the forest. Arató immediately stood up from his crouching with wide eyes. What approached him was not just a deer, but a bull elk of an impressive size. The bulls antlers had yet to shed the velvet in which they grew, yet Arató could not think of a more fitting beast to have found lurking beneath the sheer monstrosities of trees. The autumn hewn boy sat himself in the bed of fallen needles in a momentary attempt to better suit the air of regality which the elk carried. “Does the woodland king claim to be an enemy?” he questioned. “For it is true your kind does not fancy mine. Blood and gore and savage feasts. That’s our story, nature has told me. But I do think in our case, I would be the one to be bloodied and gored by the woodland king”. He spoke whimsically, not at all unnerved by the size and probable strength of the elk before him.

He wondered then if the elk knew about the giant trees. He wondered if they could tell him how the forest grew so infinitely. The elk didn’t seem fazed by the sight of the trees after all, and the bull seemed so fitting to the area. Arató thought they must know something about these woods. “Do you know of the wooden giants?” he hummed eagerly, “Can you tell me of their secrets? I have not seen such trees that have no canopy”. He looked up pointedly, letting his tongue drape out over his jaws as he did so.