gems
size
Medium
build
Balanced
player
MalBelle
07-21-2024, 02:18 AM
maybe it'd been naive, but a part of her had been hoping that Gem, somehow, would have some kind of insight into their family's reactions. into Chi's reaction. Gem has always been close with their father, after all, and there's something a touch wise about her beneath the wide eyes and girlish wonder. but El had been seeking atonement in that hope, too, as if Gem had the power to absolve her of her abandonment. it's wrong to place such a heavy expectation on Gem's shoulders, and it's unfair to their family, too. El sags against Gem, shoulders drooping, unable to suppress the despair coursing through her. she feels impossibly young beside her sister, just two scared girls aimlessly adrift. "me neither," El whispers. she lifts a paw and attempts to brush some of Gem's tears away, still feeling that spike of protectiveness toward her smaller sister. although, if these past months have proven anything, it's that El isn't in a position to protect anyone. not properly. "perhaps..." El hesitates, the thought so terrifying she's loathe to even say it. but maybe, with Gem at her side, she'll have the courage. "perhaps we should go visit them. together."

"Elara Klein"

el

Thread Move Log
Thread Forum From To
1. my life was a mess, but i could clean my room Waterfall Peak 06:35 AM, 06-14-2024 12:48 AM, 08-20-2024