Extra large
build
Medium
player
Sinchanted

1KRapid Poster - Bronze
07-21-2024, 06:30 PM

Yara Grey

Yara took a deep breath, reminding herself to keep her feelings hidden. It was hard, especially with Basilisk's imposing presence so close. The mention of his fiancée brought a pang to her heart, but she quickly pushed it aside. She had to stay focused and professional.

She focused on her food, taking a small bite to steady herself. "I'm doing alright, considering the circumstances. I hope my brother is far away from here," she replied, her voice steady but softer than usual. "It's been a long day, but I'm glad we managed to get the samples delivered safely. Hopefully, the healers can make some progress with them."

She kept her gaze on her food, not trusting herself to look directly at him for too long. "I'm sure it's difficult being away from Ignita," she added, trying to show empathy despite the flutter in her chest. "But we're all grateful for the steps you're taking to protect us. It can't be easy."

Despite her best efforts, she couldn't completely hide the softness in her eyes when she glanced at him. She quickly looked away again, focusing on her meal and savoring the taste as a distraction. The cramped quarters made it impossible to ignore the closeness, and she hoped he wouldn't notice her internal struggle.

CODE BY SIN