Extra large
build
Medium
player
Sinchanted

1KRapid Poster - Bronze
07-22-2024, 12:49 AM

Yara Grey

Yara's heart sank as Basilisk growled at her, his words hitting her like a physical blow. She hadn't thought about the danger in her rush to escape the cave and clear her mind. The reminder of the woods being unsafe stung, making her feel foolish and reckless. The rabbit, her small victory, was knocked from her maw, and she winced at his roughness.

"I'm sorry, Warlord," she stammered, her voice trembling with a mix of fear and embarrassment. She took a step back, her body tense. "I wasn't thinking clearly. I just... needed to do something."

Her gaze darted around, looking for an escape. The weight of her mistake and the intensity of Basilisk's anger made her want to flee. She took a few quick steps backward, then turned and bolted into the night, her paws pounding against the forest floor. Her mind raced, berating herself for her carelessness and the mess she had made of the situation.

As she ran, she tried to steady her breathing, her thoughts a whirlwind of regret and self-reproach. 'How could I be so stupid? I should have known better. I have to get a grip.' She kept running, needing the distance to gather her thoughts and calm her racing heart.

CODE BY SIN