Extra large
build
Medium
player
Sinchanted

1KRapid Poster - Bronze
07-23-2024, 03:45 PM

Yara Grey

Yara stirred at the sound of her name, her sleep-addled mind taking a moment to register Basilisk's hoarse whisper. She blinked, her golden eyes slowly focusing on his struggling form. Alarm shot through her as she saw his weakened state. She quickly scrambled to her paws, rushing to his side.

"Warlord, what's wrong?" she asked, her voice filled with concern. She noticed the way he shivered despite the warmth in the den, his usually strong body looking uncharacteristically frail. Panic clawed at her heart, but she forced herself to stay calm.

She placed a gentle paw on his shoulder, trying to provide some comfort. "You need water," she said, her mind racing to figure out what else she could do. "I'll get some for you. Just hold on." She could not let anything happen to him, too many wolves relied on him.

Yara darted out of the den, her heart pounding. She needed to find clean water and supplies, untouched by the blight. She sprinted towards the northern lake, where the blight had yet to reach. The journey took longer than she wanted to be away from him, but she pushed herself, fueled by desperation.

Upon reaching the lake's edge, she quickly scanned the area for anything useful. Spotting a large leaf, she fashioned a makeshift container, using her claws to fold and secure it into a small bowl. She carefully filled it with the pristine water, ensuring it was stable enough to carry back.

She also gathered some peppermint growing nearby, knowing they could be helpful in tending to Basilisk. With the makeshift bowl balanced delicately in her jaws and the herbs tucked securely in her fur, she began the run back to the little cave.

Yara's muscles burned and her breath came in ragged gasps, but she didn't slow down. Basilisk's condition was dire, and every second counted. She reached the den, her heart racing, and carefully set the leaf bowl and herbs beside him.

"Here, drink this," she urged, nudging the water closer to his muzzle. "And I found some peppermint. I can put it in your water, or you can chew it. It will help with your fever."

CODE BY SIN