Expert Fighter (160)

Advanced Healer (85)

gems
size
Toy size
build
Light
07-31-2024, 09:28 PM

His father should have been angry, hell, had every right to be angry with him. But as Gavroche had hoped it was calmed by relief. Gav gave a solemn nod, pulled to his father’s chest and hugged. He spoke softly, acknowledging what he had done. “I know… But I had to do something… at least get you info.” He had other siblings his father needed to watch out for. Other family members. His dad would be divided in hunting the raiders down otherwise… but by getting him the information of their camp Gavroche could cut out the guessing work. His father could help his mother, bring her and Beauregard home. There was a chance… a chance that needed to be taken.

His father pulled away and Gavroche followed after him. He swallowed hard at the words that came. He knew his father would insist on him not going, and with a heavy sigh the youth spoke. “I knew you weren’t going to let me come.” He confessed. He picked up the pace, moving alongside his father as he looked up at him. “...and that’s part of why I went out first. I’m small, I was able to scope the area without detection. As much as I want to be there, getting caught wouldn’t help you or mom.” His gaze flickered to the sand at his paws.

“It's a northern territory, held by rogues without a proper border. There is a big structure, similar to a mountain and yet not, that reaches toward the sky. There is an arch too, like an overhanging cliff that faces the ocean. That is where their camp lies. Toward the ocean are one set of cages, I think for the more passive slaves, and the others, where mom is, are more toward the heart of their camp.” Green eyes flicked back to Bae-Syl. “She looks thinner, but I couldn’t see any injuries on her. Mom must be fighting them on their advances.” Something else he was sure would give his father a little relief.

“There are guards positioned at both ends of the camp from what I can tell. The ones to the west of the structure were dozing when I was there, probably not the best at their jobs. That would be your best entry point. I made a rough map... here on my collar.” Gavroche flicked his ears back, his voice becoming quiet, and he did not dare to look at his father as he spoke next. “There… appear to be about a dozen of them… are… are you sure you’re going to be okay? Even if you don’t take me and my siblings… that is a lot of wolves for one man to face.” Gav’s voice wavered.

“I don’t want to lose both of you…”

"Speech," 'Thought.'

table coding by bunni ♥