size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

1KPride - PansexualSamhain 2022
08-07-2024, 12:31 AM

Talk about putting his paw in his mouth. Crux felt guilt wash over him when Mae started to speak of her own history, though he tried to keep it from his face. Instead offering her a few understanding nods, and then a curious look when she trailed off. He let that silence hang for a moment before he cleared his throat and spoke again. "I am sorry. I hope you can find your family again." Crux gave an awkward smile. His words weren't empty. He knew what it was like to lose parts of your family.

"I also didn't mean to pry. I was asking because I've heard that some years back now there was a strange sickness that affected both continents and it was only after it simply went away one day that pups started being born like..." Crux hesitated for a moment then gestured back to his leg, cuffed in those damned crystals. "Well, like me. I guess I've just been trying to figure out what the connection is..." Why? He didn't know, it wasn't like finding a solid connection would take away the fear he had, the guilt he carried. It wasn't like it'd negate the strong assumption he had that he, his leg, was the reason his mother had never recovered... Was the reason she'd died.

"But," Crux tried to banish that ever present fear for now, "if you're from a different place altogether you'd not have any more information on that than I do." Crux felt like he wanted to say more, wanted to move the conversation away from himself and his whole... Situation. "Tell you what, if you let me know who I might be looking for I can keep an eye out for your family. My own is pretty large, might even be able to get them to help." Nevermind that things were... Complicated with them right now.

"Speech"

Art by TheStarvingRaven
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Crux has a 6 inch long burn scar on his throat, most of his art does not reflect this.