Intermediate Intellectual (30)

gems
size
Large
build
Light
player
Nyx

Ooh La LaSamhain 2022Statue 3 WorshipCritical Attack!All Oozed OutThe Ooze Participant
The Ooze - Variation 3
08-07-2024, 12:49 PM

Enki spoke, and Veigar felt relieved, but only slightly. He hadn't done anything wrong in particular, though maybe his reclusive nature was an issue for the younger alpha. There was no way to be sure what the other man thought of him though, so the fear that he was being a disappointment in some way was ever-present. He hummed quiet acknowledgment as Enki spoke, giving a nod of his head to go along with it.

He missed Enki's cue to sit down beside him entirely, though in the silence that followed he took a few steps closer. His posture was lax, not necessarily friendly but submissive enough. His question though caught Veigar off guard.

Was he happy here? Veigar didn't know. He wasn't sure he really knew what being happy felt like. Maybe he'd been happy when his mother had been alive, though his memories of her were hazy now, and quite  difficult to bring to the forefront of his mind. He had been happy with Aryn, at least for a little while. Besides that he had small, fleeting moments of happiness, but he couldn't recall anything quite so memorable since he'd lost his sight. Nothing made him feel much of anything these days, unless that emotion was the dull aching spite that now seemed to live trapped in his chest.

"No," he breathed finally after a long moment of careful thought. "It's nothing against Insomnia though, or you. I'm grateful I've been allowed to stay as long as I have, but I don't belong here anymore."

He spoke before realizing what he was really saying, without really understanding. He'd die on his own, he was certain of it, but maybe it was no use any longer delaying the inevitable. There was nothing left for him here - or probably anywhere at all.

Veigar is completely blind; his eyes are a hazy shade of pale yellow, though he tries his best to hide this fact.
His saliva also glows a faint shade of neon green since the Ooze event.