I need to learn what you know.

Asa

Uruk

gems
size
build
player
08-10-2024, 01:04 AM

At first, the young stallion thought his fears were true - she did think him weak; the way she narrowed her gaze at him and scoffed at his request. He could feel his heart quicken in pace as he watched her, but then... she motioned him to follow and relief swept over him. Without any hesitation, he followed.

Uruk listened intently as Asa spoke, her words blunt and direct, much like the mare herself. His ghostly white eyes followed her every move, absorbing the widom she imparted with each lesson. He knew that Asa wasn't one to bend to authority, and that was something he respected her for; she was strong. As they approached the bodies at the end of the plains, he admired; she was in her element, and he - he was a student.

Uruk followed her from body to body without hesitation, his large frame moving with an eagerness to learn. The sight of the corpses, the remnants of their victory, did not unsettle him; instead, they served as a reminder of the path he had chosen. Asa's first lesson was simple but profound. The head: soft and vulnerable. Uruk nodded, understanding that even the strongest opponent could be brought low with a well-placed strike to the head.

He observed as Asa moved to the stallion with the ruptured abdomen. The stench was overpowering, but Uruk did not flinch. Instead, he leaned in, eyes narrowing as he carefully examined the wound she'd inflicted with her antlers. Asa's words about the belly being soft, especially when horses reared, made perfect sense. He felt the tingle of her antler against his horn, reminding him of the weapon he carried at all times. He had used it instinctively on his father, but now - he understood how to wield it with a purpose.

"Understood," he murmured, his tone softer, more thoughtful than before. He knew what those narrowed eyes had meant now, it wasn't her judgement, it was his commanding tone. Uruk was learning to balance himself. "I've relied on brute force, but I see now that there is more to it. Precision.. timing.. knowing when and where to strike."

He followed Asa again as she moved away from the decaying bodies, her words about practice and awareness resonating with him. Uruk had always been powerful by blood, but due to the pacifist nature of Khargol, he had not been trained how to use it. This was about more than strength - it was about control, about mastering not just the battlefield, but himself.

"I'll practice," he said, his voice carrying a note of humility. "I want to learn to use my strength the way that you do - efficiently, effectively. Show me how to become more than just a blunt force."

There was no arrogance in his request this time, no trace of the commanding tone he had used earlier. In this moment, Uruk was a pupil, eager to learn from who he deemed the best. Asa had earned his respect, and now he sought to earn the skills that would make him worthy of the land he would lay claim to.

[ 2/3 Received a fighting lesson from another character (Asa) ]
[ 2/3 Explored a new land (Buffalo Knolls) ]

"Speech"

CODE BY SIN