size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

1KPride - PansexualSamhain 2022
08-13-2024, 12:58 AM

Crux was glad she at least seemed to be taking her situation in stride. He could remember what it had felt like to think Dread had been stolen, the fear that had gripped him... He couldn't imagine being completely lost from his family. Though he supposed there were a few siblings he hadn't seen in quite some time, at least a year or two... One whom he didn't miss even a little bit. Bastard. But his thoughts were pulled back to the present and Crux shuffled slightly as the attention turned back to his leg... Which to be fair he had done to himself, drawing direct attention to it.

"Far as I've heard the theory is that the sun was what cured the sickness itself." Crux gave a weak, if a bit strained smile. "Unfortunately that doesn't seem to apply to me, and I'm not sure there's such thing as a cure, at least not for me." Crux sighed and positioned himself so that he wasn't hiding his leg nearly as much, letting it rest slightly further out to the side than his other limbs. "It's hard to tell from looking but as far as we can tell they're probably attached to my ankle joint. Certainly hurts like they're on a bone if hit hard enough. I'm not even sure I have the typical tendons and connections you'd expect there. If they were to be cured there's every chance my paw would be even harder to walk on. Being unable to move one joint isn't the end of the world." Crux shrugged. In truth he didn't know what it was like not to have his disability. It had affected so much of how he acted, how he thought. It didn't define him but it was certainly a factor. The biggest reason he tended to avoid conversation around it was that others never seemed to understand how to handle him. Like he was fragile. Like he wasn't trying hard enough. Like he was an inspiration just for... living... As if death would be a more attractive option. Not to mention the outright aggression he'd experienced in his early life. Like he was broken. Crux was just himself, leg and all.

"There's probably others who might benefit from a cure though." Cryptis would probably be one. Though he would never have thought to even suggest it unless she herself seemed interested. Far as he was concerned she was perfect, and he wasn't eager to insinuate any part of anyone ought to be removed. He wondered how it could affect his sisters. The chance that Kite could be left completely blind didn't exactly fill him with comfort. After all, those were her actual eyes... If she were to be "cured" would she even have them anymore? How many other wolves were out there like him? How many had been afflicted by the sickness in ways he'd yet to even encounter?

"Speech"

Art by TheStarvingRaven
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Crux has a 6 inch long burn scar on his throat, most of his art does not reflect this.