gems
size
Medium
build
Light
player
Aislyn
08-20-2024, 11:20 AM

The sensation of his nose against the top of her head was… foreign. Yes, she’d felt something similar from her Mother and Father; affectionate pats meant to comfort her, when she was a child. But this sensation was different- it was surprisingly intimate- a playful gesture that carried a newly blossoming warmth and affection from Akito. Clove smiled to herself, her cheeks taking on a warm, rosy hue.

And with her confession, comes the progression of affection. Akito wrapped his paw around her shoulders, holding her against his chest. It was a gentle, reassuring pressure that made her feel grounded, melting her previous worries away. His explanation helped too- he wasn’t visiting because he didn’t want to- instead, it was difficult to find the time.

His family dynamic was more strenuous than Clove could have imagined- she’d always envisioned him in the middle of a large, formidable family, flourishing in the confines of the bamboo. But the confession of losing his mother and father, and the disappearance of his alpha’s wife and offspring… It created a strain on Akito that Clove could never truly comprehend. Because she’d always lived a sheltered life, basking in the eternal love of her parents and pack mates.

But Clove is an empathetic girl - she may not be able to comprehend Akito’s turmoil - but she can try to support him. Leaning in slightly, Clove tips her head back, trying to place her snout in the crook of his neck, to nuzzle him beneath his chin. “I’m sorry Akito, I-“ Her voice trails off for a moment, stricken by concern. “I had no idea.” She was sorry for the loss he’d suffered, and the stress it incurred. And, most of all, she was sorry for not asking him about his home life sooner. She could have been there for him when he needed it most.

Leaning back, Clove puts enough space between them to look up into his misty gaze. There’s a soft intensity in her eyes, a subtle shift that speaks volumes and conveys a range of feelings. Tenderness, sadness, longing. “Then I’m really happy you came tonight.” She reiterates, feeling even more grateful for his attendance. It must have been tough to sneak away for the night. “And I… I want us to make the most of it.” There’s a tender adoration shimmering in her gaze. “I want this night to be a happy memory you can think back on when times are tough.” Her ears pinned back slightly, warmth spreading across her cheeks. “Because I... I really like you, and..." Her voice is trailing off again. When did she become so forward? Maybe it was the thrill of the night jumbling up her thoughts? “Akito,” She whispers into the night, peering up at him through thick, wispy lashes. “Will you kiss me?” Her breath almost catches in her throat, the question fading into the backdrop of waves crashing against the shoreline.

"Clove Carpathius"