size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

1KPride - PansexualSamhain 2022
08-23-2024, 08:27 AM

Maybe it could have helped his father's memory if Crux hadn't agreed without complaint. But he frankly assumed that there may have been some sort of monument or otherwise empty grave for his mother... He knew her body had not returned to them but that didn't mean she couldn't rest here in spirit. It was only as his father faltered that Crux considered that maybe he'd been... Confused?

Maybe, the man was showing his age in ways more subtle. Crux chose it better not to press the matter, let the former warlord keep his dignity. Maybe he'd make a point of bringing up any concerns with Art before he left... He waited patiently as his father seemed to shake off whatever had halted him and followed beside him. The conversation started up and despite himself Crux felt a wave of emotions go through him. Guilt, excitement, nerves. "He made it then? Good." One less thing to worry about then, and was he maybe stalling a little bit? Yeah, he was.

Crux swallowed the lump forming in his throat. "I'm living in a pack south of here. Hellborn," he began cautiously, "Cryptis, the girl who was with me during the flood, her mother founded it. I- I chose to follow her there." After I couldn't go back to Armada was the unspoken addition to that sentence. "She- she makes me happy." Crux's gaze slid down as he felt his face flush, not desiring to hide his own adoration for Triss but also feeling suddenly self conscious. It was also probably an understatement. She made him feel so much more than happy, she made him want to be better, to be the man she deserved. She made him want to protect her. Made him want to give her the world. That they had already agreed to marry... It made him want to yell his adoration for her from the highest mountain top.

"Speech"

Art by MarkLix
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Crux has a 6 inch long burn scar on his throat, most of his art does not reflect this.