Master Fighter (240)

Master Hunter (275)

An icon representing the specialty Bloodletter Bloodletter

gems
size
Dire wolf
build
Balanced

LegendaryWealthySamhain 2022Statue 1 WorshipThe Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 1
WordySilver Medal 2020Critical Hit!Critical Fail!Trick 2019Promptober 2019
09-01-2024, 11:41 PM
The wedding party had arrived, and the last minute planning was a blur around him. He waited until the two guests of honour were preparing, before he made his way towards the ready-room of his soon to be granddaughter in law. He found the door open, and sent Bast ahead for her to peer around the door to ensure he wasn’t entering at a time where he shouldn’t. Given the all clear, the tiger backed away and he stepped forward, free of the shadows.

When she saw him, he smiled. “I heard you had no one to walk you down the aisle, granddaughter.” The last time he had attended a wedding had been here in the Hallows as well. It had been Artorias and Briar, and he had walked his daughter to the Lord of Cinder. It seemed only fitting that he would do so again, this time for the wife of his most beloved son’s child. He pushed aside the grief thoughts of Azure gave the old wolf. He understood by now that the older he got, the more regrets would assemble around him.

The golden wolf before him stood for something. A symbol, a new life for his grandson. The both of them were filling the shoes that had once been held by himself and his Zee. He only wished them better fortune. He kissed her crown, pushing aside his memories once more. This time of Zee, and what he had lost.. “You and I are already family, and I cherish the gift of great-grandbabies. It would be my honour to walk you forward if you’ll have me.” He said. His voice had changed with time and old age. But he held it firm as he spoke.

She was called away, no doubt to get prepared. Basilisk has supplied her with a maid to help her get ready. He had done that right. He stood in the hall, standing to attention as if that guard he had once been still ran strong in him. Thoughts of the palace and Deathbelle had been strong in his thoughts of late. When she returned, scented with herbs and cleaned to a shine, he smiled and tucked a little flower behind her ear. Moved from where he had kept it safe in his leg bracer. She was clearly moved by the gesture and in lieu of a proper answer he only winked. “Us old wolves have to keep some secrets.” With that, he led her from the Heartstone, and towards the Grove. Where her chosen future awaited her.

He kept his pace sedate and slow beside her, walking her past the people, towards Basilisk. Who stood waiting for them. His grandson looked a fool, with eyes centred hungrily on his bride. Ah, young love. Another pang that he ignored. He let her go when they reached Basilisk, and the ageing Warlord took a seat at the front. Near the Grandchildren.

"Speech!"

TABLE & CODE © SKELLE 2020