gems
size
Extra large
build
Balanced
player
MalBelle
09-03-2024, 07:15 AM

by the time her family arrives at the venue, Jamie is…admittedly rather grouchy. she’s tired and overexcited simultaneously, physically worn from the travel but eager to take in as much of her unfamiliar surroundings as possible. as such, she becomes rather irritable with her siblings as Spider attempts to wrangle them into their seats, smoothing down their rumpled pelts and distracting them with silly little songs. unfortunately, none of the usual tricks work. “i want Mama and Dad,” Jamie complains, scowling. her gaze darts about, searching for their familiar pelts. “where’d they go?”

“they’re getting ready,” Spider explains. “getting all prettied up for the ceremony.” Jamie just huffs, stomping her feet. “why couldn’t we come?” Spider nudges her with a little smile. “because you pups don’t need it. you’re all cute as a button. but your parents need the extra help because they’re big and stinky.” okay, fine, that pulls a giggle from Jamie, even as she protests, “no they’re not!” her giggles only increase when Spider makes an exaggeratedly sceptical face. “if you need a quick nap,” Spider continues, a gentle note in their voice, “i won’t tell anyone.” Jamie scowls. “i don’t need a nap. i’m not a baby.” but a moment later her jaw cracks with a yawn, and she finds herself settling absently into Spider’s side, pillowing her head on their shoulder. “wake me up when they come back.”

"Jamie"