Expert Healer (130)

gems
size
Large
build
Light

The Ooze Participant
09-12-2024, 10:32 PM

Lia watched as Eltrys kissed Haydee’s cheek. Did he know his heart was in his eyes when he looked at her? It left Lia’s own heart aching for her lost connections, for the chance to build something like what they had. Briar, Artorias, Vanta. She would not let Eltrys lose his Haydee, not if she had something to say about it.

She let him lead her away, so Haydee could rest in peace. A move she rather approved of. A healing sleep was terribly important. The first thing he spoke of was his leadership, and how new it was to him. So she had not misread him, he had not kept this a secret while they had fought together. “No, I imagine not. but sometimes… you just have to take the hand you've been dealt and run with it the best you can.” She wanted to ask why he had become the Chief. A change of leadership could be drastic. What had happened here? She thought of the slavers that had been hunting him. Could they have had something to do with it? But no, she had run them out.

“You're right. I’ve been a lone wolf for a while now, waiting for my friend to come back. But I don’t believe she will. This… doing it alone, it’s not what I want for my future. I thought of your distaste for slavers, and the value of life and thought perhaps the rest of this pack might hold these values which are important to me.” She went on, putting out there what mattered to her so Eltrys could help confirm or deny if she would fit here.

"Lia"

[Image: 2f7uv49.png]