An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

WinnerCritical Observation!Critical Fail!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Rapid Poster - BronzeStudent
09-17-2024, 09:06 PM

Eltrys listened intently to her story, it was starting to help him fit the pieces together and her earlier reaction solidified it. Slavery... This land had an abundance of it it seemed. From roving bands of slavers to members getting snatched on their way home... They needed strong defenders who knew their woods and their lands better than the pursuers who intended to take them.

"Migrant is simply what we're calling the new folk or the folk that would like to find a new home someday. A rank that gives the member freedom to stay or leave the pack with a simple request." He sat on the green, a small meadow between the lush woodlands of the falls and the cloistered creek.

"I will admit, I have not had a lot of dealings with slaves or ex-slaves. Some yes, but not a lot. I was raised... " He hesitated for a moment, did he feel ashamed? He certainly wasn't proud... "a pampered son of a king, destined to rule beside my brother as the holy high priest. I was raised to serve in a way, they'd like to akin their servanthood as a type of slavery but theirs was a farce. I've known servants, I've had servants, but none of them were there against their wills, it was an honored position among them."

He glanced at her, ice eyes pondering and weighing a reaction to his upcoming request,
"Would you remind me if I happen to trigger... a similar situation as we had in her den?" Seeing the fear in her eyes reminded him that his luxurious upbringing hid many things from him. He was adamant about learning how to navigate the traumas of an ex-slaves past, he was taught how to navigate many traumas, to encourage healing and self-reflection, but this was new territory for him.

"Speech!"
Code © Skelle/Witchdogtor DO NOT USE WITHOUT PERMISSION

"Our character is often revealed at our highs and lows... Be humble at the mountaintops, be steadfast in the valleys. Be faithful in between." - marcandangel.