An icon representing the specialty Professor Professor

gems
size
Large
build
Balanced
player
LadyElin

WinnerCritical Observation!Critical Fail!How many times do I have to teach you a lesson?! Rapid Poster - BronzeStudent
10-02-2024, 04:32 PM

Speech // thought

He glared at the blaze, the heat brushing his nose and cheeks as if a punishment self inflicted. He should not have left her side... But he had not wanted to intrude beyond what was polite at the time...

He pulled himself back from the heat and closed his eyes as she spoke into the growing silence. He was about to interrupt when she continued more softly. It froze him mid turn.

The silence stretched again as he melted from his initial shock. Then slowly shifted away from the fire, half to face her, half to watch the doorway.

"I can't fault you... I won't. You responded to the call as you should." He started, his voice distant, an edge of disappointment, either at himself or the situation it wasn't all that clear to him.

Then his ice blue eyes dared to weave their way over the den and fall into her small form. He watches her take a sip fo the tea.

"Do you... Mean that?" He asked seriously, how his voice upticked in hope. Did he dare to hope? The last he knew she still hadn't made up her mind about him. Was he truly this foolish? Wasn't dogging her heels until she relented to him worse than the wait? If she admitted it now... Was it because he was too pushy? Could he trust it?

"Our character is often revealed at our highs and lows... Be humble at the mountaintops, be steadfast in the valleys. Be faithful in between." - marcandangel.