size
Extra large
build
Light
player
Lolaf

1KPride - PansexualSamhain 2022
10-03-2024, 07:46 PM

Crux's attention was drawn away from Widow for a moment as a familiar feline shape shifted in the mists, Riya, likely waiting to see if she would be needed either to run and get him supplies or as an extra set of paws. Crux blinked at her before moving his attention back to the woman and Riya disappeared back into the mists... Back to wherever it was she went nowadays. "I'm doing fine." Crux's response was maybe a little bog standard, more a pleasantry than anything else but he did follow it up with something a bit more personal: "Honestly I just wish I'd arrived before the start of the cold seasons, I'd love to know what I'll have to work with once everything starts budding again." His stores were sparse enough, though he wasn't at risk yet of running out he knew it only took one event to use it all up and though he was pretty familiar now with what plants he could identify in their winter state he was still unfamiliar with the whole area, the only places in Auster he'd ever done any searching for herbs in had been when he wasn't even a year old and were tinged with a veneer of grief that blurred them as it was.

"Well, that and planning for a wedding on top of making sure I'm prepared in case my abilities are needed has kept me busy." There was a hesitance to his words. He assumed Widow knew at this point but he certainly didn't want to be the one to break the news of her daughter's impending nuptials if not. He was also underselling himself somewhat, "being prepared" meant more than just maintaining his stores but imagining various situations and how he could handle them, running through memorized signs of sicknesses, and on the occasions he could bully her into it, miming certain more technical treatments on Riya. In truth most of that was just normal for him, maybe it wasn't actually all that healthy but a fear of not being able to help someone haunted him.

"Speech" "Riya"

Art by Cloudy!
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.

Crux has a 6 inch long burn scar on his throat, most of his art does not reflect this.