gems
size
Extra large
build
Heavy
player
Joe
8 hours ago

In his realm, Moros was acutely aware of everything, even the metaphysical. He could feel little Fever's indulgent interest as she watched his story unfold before her very eyes, felt that shock and delight as they watched a much younger Alastor tear the life from his opponent. The sensation was mirrored inside himself, and with a barely perceptible little quiver, Moros smiled down at the pup. So she had inherited his delight in bloodlust too, eh? How interesting... The sinister bastard simply chuckled as they watched Alastor all but rip the head off of the deceased wolf before the story faded back into the swirling mist-like shadows of his purgatory. He was glad Fever had enjoyed her little family story time.

But as the pair were left back in the void, Moros felt a shift in Fever's emotions. She was no longer elated, but... sad? Dejected? Moros' wicked smile slipped into a tight-lipped frown as he peered down at his granddaughter with black eyes darkening with concern. Fever asserted that she wasn't strong and Moros could only give a bark of laughter. Oh, the sweet innocence of a child's mind, so black and white that she couldn't see her own power. "My dear sweet little Evee," he crooned in dulcet tones to the girl, shifting one massive paw to scoop up the little pup and pull her into his chest fluff in an embrace. "Strength and power are more than just being physically strong, like your Papa and myself. You have such tremendous power inside of you, a power no other wolf has—the power to manipulate death and the afterlife."

Drawing Fever back so he could peer down into those mismatched amber and black eyes of hers, Moros flashed the girl a wide, toothy smile and gestured to himself. "Before you were born, I was nothing. A forgotten ghost of a memory lost in empty nothingness. I could not move, I could not breathe, I couldn't even think. But then you were born and you found me. Look at me now! You made me real again, Fever. My precious little Fever. You gave me life again." Leaning his giant head down to nuzzle and lick tenderly at the girl's crown, Moros spoke softly again. "Your power saved me. Only you could have done that. And I am eternally grateful for that."

"Moros"