gems
size
Extra small
build
Light
player
Asena
10-10-2024, 08:17 PM

He fell silent for a moment. Perhaps he did not expect her to grasp for something intangible. Vengeance was something she had only dreamed of. Freedom had never been something she could imagine. Rank was never anything but a myth. Paw lowered from her shoulder and her eyes opened to look into the forest once more. His words settled next in the air between them and she nodded stiffly.

She wasn't sure her father would be found, that he would even remember the runt he had sold because she had been born small and the wrong gender for him to love. She could remember the cold anger in his eyes though as she lived with him, remembered that her mother disappeared shortly before he sold Teegra. She like the Warlord had limited social skills. Her life had not been easy, she had learned to stay in her bubble, keep her words to herself and guard her heart from those around her.

He spoke again and she looked to him from the side of her eyes to show she was paying attention. He offered her to chose what path she took and she had to think hard on it. Her nose was useless in hunting, her leg useless in fights, even being a hindrance, and directions were hard so not really her thing. But she had wanted to learn, always had a desire to when she was young, but her position never afforded her to be allowed to ask. And she supposed the other thing would be that she could learn to take care of others better. She also enjoyed cooking when she did so. "I'm no good on a battlefield or to take hunting.... But I can learn, I always loved to learn, just wasn't allowed to be taught anything not related to my jobs.... Maybe I can learn to give better first aid or care.... And I love cooking, when I do cook...." Was he serious though? Did he really want to teach her and let her escape her bindings?

"Speech"