Beginner Hunter (0)

gems
size
Small
build
Light
player
Lolaf

Samhain 2022The Ooze ParticipantThe Ooze - Variation 3Pride - BisexualPride - DemisexualChristmas 2019
Yesterday, 09:18 AM
Gloom was glad for the silence to be filled once more. She almost envied the younger woman. Gloom had always felt at her best when she'd been out exploring, beyond the eyes of the strangers who shared her name but little else. Well, at least until she'd met Audra. That short time had been probably the best of her life. Sure she'd been away from her mother and brother, whom she'd still missed dearly but for a moment she'd felt a true connection to someone who wasn't them... Had felt... Joy.

Now not even exploring could bring a shred of happiness. She was simply existing. Couldn't even call it living. If she'd been younger, if she hadn't been beaten down by losing two of the most important wolves in her life in quick succession, she could almost imagine a world were she and the younger woman could have been friends, travel buddies. Ignoring she'd never not been afraid of strangers. The name of the pack the stranger spoke aloud was one she was vaguely familiar with, had heard it in passing a few times. Knew they'd shared a bit of a relationship with her last home. "I was in the Hallows for a bit, until recently." She really hoped that it would be left at that. Gloom was pretty sure if she had to explain what had happened to her she'd just break down right then and there.

Luckily something else caught her attention. The other woman was right, the furrows did look like something subterranean was moving about under there. Gloom frowned and lowered her head to listen. Was something... Making noise down there? Almost on instinct, as if something was telling her to do so Gloom dug her paws into the sand, scraping away the top layer, and then digging deeper. What she was looking for she didn't know, maybe whatever was moving around or maybe nothing at all. But it was the only action that made sense to her.

"Speech"

Image by Madandcat
Updated 04/30/23: Still on indefinite scarcity, please do not remind me of threads I am behind on right now.